I couldn’t believe it when I saw the news on Airbnb
This charming 3/2 in Omaha, NE sleep 6. It’s part of a contest for Berkshire Hathaway shareholders only. If you are a fan of Warren Buffett then just buy some stock and enter the contest.
Here’s what Airbnb say about the place
And now for the fun part: Get a sneak peek inside Warren Buffett’s childhood home! Here’s a quick tour of the historic house where you could spend this year’s Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders Meeting weekend, courtesy of Airbnb:
• The library: Catch up on your reading. This room was once Warren’s dad’s study. The shelves are original, but the desk is long gone: it’s now actually in Warren’s own Berkshire Hathaway office!
• Formal dining room: Host your own family board meetings in the formal dining room, illuminated by the chandelier added by Warren’s parents.
• Bedrooms: The house has three bedrooms, and the upstairs bedroom with twin beds was Warren’s room — we can assume this is quite possibly the world’s best spot to dream up money-making schemes. You’re never too young to be an entrepreneur in this household: Warren started his first enterprise selling chewing gum door-to-door at age 6.
• Basement art gallery: Young Warren invested his earnings in stamps and bottle caps, but the current owner has opted for a fine Mexican folk art collection instead and turned the basement into a gallery showcase.
• Renovated kitchen: Pop into the spacious renovated kitchen to make yourself a hamburger Warren’s way: topped with cheese and complete with a Cherry Coke. Or maybe a root beer float if you’re celebrating a billion dollar investment.
• Master bathroom: If that next billion remains elusive, retreat upstairs to the master bath and mull over investments in the bathtub. Hey, it’s always worked for Warren.
• Country Club Historic District: Now that you’re in Warren’s neighborhood — Omaha’s historic Country Club district — inspiration for your next enterprise could be just around the corner on your morning jog. Give it a go!